The new Austen £10 note is the same format as the new £5 note but slightly larger.
Security features are as follows:
1. A see-
2. Winchester Cathedral shown in gold foil on the front of the note and silver on the back.
3. A quill at the side of the window which changes from purple to orange.
4. A hologram which contains the word "Ten" and changes to "Pounds" when the note is tilted.
5. A hologram of the coronation crown which appears 3D and multi-
7. A book-
8. The words "Bank of England" printed in intaglio (raised ink) along the top of the note.
9. And I dare say there are other features that have not been made public.
It has persevered with the material despite complaints from religious and vegan groups that animal fat tallow is used in the production process.
It is very slippery so please be careful.
The old £10 note is set to go out of circulation on March 1st., 2018.
If you have an event that is not in our diary, please let us know.
If you have an article or information for the September 2018 edition, please email it/them to us.
The closing date is 16th. July, 2018.
If you wish to subscribe please email Kim: see the "contact us" page.
Extra traffic on Wold Road and College Road.
See The National Grid newsletter below.